Sunday, September 20, 2009

Coaching

This is going to be my fourth year as a volunteer assistant JV/Varsity Girls Basketball Coach. It's been a good experience getting the chance to coach and work with kids at my high school. We have had a tough time so far getting a lot of girls to show up over the summer and now into the fall. I was thinking though that for the students that have should be reward for showing up over the summer and fall by giving then more time during the regular season on varsity. We are an immature team, and I feel like this year is going to be tough to win more than half our games. I was wondering would it be better to have a below average record this year, but do better next season because we developed younger players? They came over the summer, so I feel that they have earned the chance to at leas play an average amount of varsity time this year. What does anyone else think about that would you play the younger player that to give them experience for a better year next year, or would you play your seniors just to win half your games?

No comments:

Post a Comment